Apple recently released iOS 13.5 with exciting new features and bugs fixes. Many iPhone users reported that they were unable to Update or install the latest iOS 13.5 update on their iPhone. Here are some solutions to “Unable To Install iOS 13.5 Update – An Error Occurred Installing update iOS 13.5”.
This issue can is observed across various iPhone devices such as iPhone 11 pro, XS max. Why won’t your iPhone update? there must be some software issues that can easily fix update iOS 13.X.X such latest iOS update 13.5.1. To update the latest iOS on your iPhone or iPod Touch go to Settings > Software update > Click Download and install. Enter your Passcode to continue if necessary.
You may like “iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t charge – Complete Guide“.
iOS 13.5 Supported Devices
Currently these iPhone models are supported:
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone 11
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XR
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone SE
- iPod touch (7th generation)
Rebooting your iPhone resolves many issues on the device. If you are not able to update your iPhone, you can force reboot it using a special key combination. For iPhone X/XS (Max)/XR, you need to press and hold the Side button and either volume button until the slider appears on the screen.
Restore your iPhone to its factory default settings
Restoring your iPhone will lead to data loss and before restoring always backup your iPhone. This step will lead to restoring your iPhone to factory settings and fix the issue of updating iOS 13.5.
Follow these steps to restore your iPhone via iTunes.
- Open iTunes on your computer.
Open iTunes on your computer or Mac.
- Then connect your iPhone or iPad to the computer using the USB cable or Lightning cable.
After opening iTunes on your computer, connect your iPhone or iPad to the computer using the USB cable or lightning cable.
- Then click your iPhone in iTunes.
Then click go to your device menu.
- Go to the Summary section then click the Restore button.
After reaching device menu, click the Restore button.
This will erase your device data and then install the latest iOS version available. When your iPhone is finished restoring to factory settings, it will restart on its own. Just wait until it’s finished restarting and you can set it up as new by then.
Delete IPSW File and Try Again
Free up iPhone storage by deleting existing IPSW file which is a software update file for your iPhone or iPad. If you are unable to update or install iOS 13.5, try to remove and download the iOS update again. Here are steps to do so:
- Open Settings app on your iPhone > General > Tap [Device name] Storage.
- Now, from the list of apps installed on your iPhone > Select the iOS 13 update software.
- Tap the iOS update, then tap Delete Update.
- Lastly, Return to Settings > General > Software Update and download the latest iOS 13 update.
Try these solutions to resolve iOS 13.5 installing problem issue.
- Are you connected to the Internet (test using Safari and visit http://www.apple.com)
- Is the iPhone connected to wall power or have enough juice?
- Do you have enough space on the iPhone (about 7 GB)?
- Did you also try updating via computer iTunes (needs the latest version) with iPhone connected and selected?