The Find My app first appeared in iOS 13, iPadOS 13, watchOS 6, and macOS Catalina. It combined several early Apple Devices: Find iPhone (iPad), Find Mac, and Find Friends. Now you can find your Mac, even if it is not online. The same is true for other devices in the Apple ecosystem. I will talk about using this application in macOS Catalina.
Read more: 5 Simple steps to Fix AirDrop Not Working?
This application is preinstalled on macOS starting with Catalina. It can be found on the Mac dock, in the Applications folder, or through Launchpad. Locator is needed to track your devices and friends.
How to Track Friends on Mac
After you and your friends have shared geolocation data and accepted requests for using geolocation data, you can use the Find Friends application on iCloud.com to find friends on the map, here is a detailed description of how it all works:
- On the People screen, you can see a list of people who have been granted access for tracking;
- Open the Find My app on a Mac;
- Click the “People” tab;
- In the left part of the screen on the tab, select the person to track;
- You can see its location on three maps: the default, hybrid and satellite;
- Click the “location icon” to find your current location on the map.
If you need to add a new user, ask them to share their geo-location with you. To do this:
- Open the Find My application on iOS, iPadOS or macOS and click the Share geolocation button in the People tab;
- In the “To” field, enter the name of the person to whom you want to tell your location;
- If this person is not in the Contacts application, you can add him in the pop-up menu;
- After adding a new person or people, click the “Submit” button.