In this article we will explain how to print a large image on multiple pages on Mac. To print a document or an image, you need a computer/laptop and a printer. In Mac, you can print a large image on multiple pages with the help of in-build apps like Pages or you can use 3rd party tools like Adobe acrobat reader or Microsoft Excel.
You may like “How to Convert PDF to JPG in macOS?“.
- 1 Quick tips: How to Print a Large Image on Multiple Pages on Mac
- 2 Step 1: Enlarge the Image or Create Big Poster
- 3 Step 2: Print the Large Image on Multiple Pages on Mac
Quick tips: How to Print a Large Image on Multiple Pages on Mac
- The image should be large enough to become a large poster.
- A Color Printer is required for colorful photo printing.
- In the end, You just need to apply the glue tape on the back of the sheets to attach them.
Step 1: Enlarge the Image or Create Big Poster
The first step to Print a Large Image on Multiple Pages on Mac is to have a poster-size image. And then print that large image on multiple pages. There are several apps to do this. For this tutorial we are using PosteRazor App which is free to download on Mac and Windows.
Here are some apps which we use.
PosteRazor is a free app for Mac and Windows Computer Users. You can download the PosteRazor App for free by visiting the PosteRazor Website. The PosteRazor App allows its users to create a big poster from a normal image. Basically, it cuts a raster image into pieces which can afterward be printed out and assembled to a poster.
Steps to Create a Big Poster on Mac with PosteRazor App
- Go to PosteRazor Website and select Download Section.
- Navigate to OSX Version (Universal Binary) and click on it to download.
- Open the setup file and let the PosteRazor App get downloaded online.
- After Installing the PosteRazor App on your Mac, lunch the App.
- Input the Image your want to Enlarge, choose the criteria and size details.
- Then Click on “OK” or “Proceed” to Create a Big Poster from your selected Image.
- Save the Poster as PDF to get Maximum Image Quality and Good Compression of File.
You can create a big poster with the help of Rasterbator, Tiler, SplitPrint, TilePhotos Apps, and StuntSoftware.com Website. Some of this software are paid versions, so you need to purchase them to use for creating a large poster or wall art and then print it on multiple pages.
Step 2: Print the Large Image on Multiple Pages on Mac
After creating a large image, you are ready to print it on multiple pages. You can use in-build apps like Pages or you can use 3rd party tools like Adobe acrobat reader or Microsoft Excel. The following are just some of the steps you can take to print the large image on multiple pages on mac:
Use Excel to Print a Large Image on Multiple Pages
- Select your desired Image File and Open it with Microsoft Excel
- Select Size and Properties.
- Choose “Keep Aspect Ratio” option to keep the Image safe from irrelevant resizing that makes it look worse.
- Change either Height or Width.
- Just give Print Command to break the Image into multiple pages.
Print to PDF – Use Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Open your Image with an Image/Picture Viewer App such preview App.
- Give Print Command and choose the option Save as PDF to save the Image as PDF File.
- Open the file with Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- then select the Print option.
- Choose your Printer Name in the select printer section and select the Poster tab and adjust the Tile Scale, Overlap, and Image Orientation options.
- At last, Click on print to get your Image on multiple pages.
Print to PDF – Use Apple Pages App
- Open the Image, give Print command, and select Save as PDF.
- Click on Image PDF File and Open with Pages App.
- Open Menu and select the Print option to open the setup window.
- Set the Image Size, Orientation, and other options as provided.
- Set the Page Border at its Minimum Level.
- Click on the Print button to get your Image on multiple pages.