Does Walmart Take Apple Pay? Walmart does not accept Apple Pay. How long will Walmart refuse Apple Pay? We do not know. The only mobile payment system you can use in Walmart is Walmart Pay. Walmart pay links seamlessly with any major credit, debit, pre-paid, or Walmart Gift Card. In this article, we will discuss the Apple Pay system and how can you use the iPhone to pay at Walmart.
Walmart has a total of 11,503 retail stores, globally. A lot of major retailers, stores, restaurants, and shops accept Apple Pay, but unfortunately, Walmart is not one of them and only accepts Walmart Pay but not Apple Pay. Walmart is a QR code-based system designed exclusively for Walmart shoppers.
You may like “How to Find Places That Accept Apple Pay“.
Why doesn’t Walmart take Apple Pay?
Walmart does not accept Apple Pay because they use their own mobile payment system, Walmart Pay. Additionally, Walmart does not also accept Google Wallet and Samsung Pay. This enables them to track their purchase profiles for marketing purposes and reduce any cost which would otherwise they have to pay to Apple Pay. It seems that Walmart has no plans to accept Apple Pay. You can, use Walmart Pay with your iPhone. Here is how:
Using your iPhone to make purchases at Walmart
- Download the Walmart Pay app from the App Store app on your iPhone.
- Open the Walmart Pay app on your iPhone.
- And then Go to Services > Walmart Pay.
- Tap Set Up Walmart Pay to set up your Walmart pay app.
- After Setting Up Walmart Pay on your iPhone, you can use it on any retail outlet.
- To use the app, you need to scan a QR code at the register.
Finding Apple Pay places using Maps
The best way to see if a shop or restaurant accepts Apple Pay is to look for the Apple Pay decals in store windows or at checkout. Below are some decals.
If you want to only use Apple Pay, here are steps to find places which accepts Apple Pay before you leave your home using maps on your iPhone and Mac:
- Open the Apple Maps on our iPhone, iPad, iPod touch.
- Then click a location or search for a place (restaurant, shops, stores ) to find out if they accept Apple Pay.
- When you find the place, swipe up from the bottom and you can view the location’s detail.
- Scroll down and find the Useful to Know section and if the place accepts Apple Pay, it will say “Accepts Apple Pay”.
Apple Pay is not accepted at all in any Walmart store. You can only use Walmart pay in Walmart stores which enable you to link any major credit, debit, pre-paid, or Walmart Gift Card.