Many iPhone and iPad users reported pop message which says “Account Not in This Store”. The notification message says:
Account Not In This Store. Your account is not valid for use in the … Store. You must switch to … Store before purchasing.
Users reported this message particularly when they try to download, install, or update apps. They get the pop-up message which tells account not in this store Apple. Your account is not valid for use in the UK store. You must switch to the US store before purchasing it. This prevents users from buying, downloading, installing, or updating apps.
In this article we will discuss How to Fix this problem and also discuss how to prevent it.
- 1 Quick Tips
- 2 Change Your Country or region Settings
- 3 Check Any Restrictions
- 4 Sign Out and In of Apple ID to Fix Account Not in this Store Error
- 5 What to do before you change your country or region
- 6 Also some other possible solutions
- 7 Try contacting Apple Care
- Try to change your country or region for the iTunes and App Store. For this just change your settings of the iCloud account.
- If you are in a Family Sharing Group, verify the country and region settings.
- Make sure your Apple ID does not have any restrictions on your device.
- Try to Sign out of the Apple ID on the iTunes & App Store and then sign back in.
Change Your Country or region Settings
If you recently moved to some other country or region, you might need to update your Apple ID region or country. You can easily update the country on your iPhone, Mac, or even through the Web Browser by following these steps.
Update Settings in iPhone
- Then go to iTunes & App Store
- Select on your Apple ID
- Tap View Apple ID
- Select on Country/Region
- Choose Change Country or Region
- Now Agree to the terms and conditions
- Enter a payment method that is the same as your current address and the billing address.
- Tap Next, That’s it.
Update Settings in iTunes on Mac
- Open iTunes on your Mac or Windows Desktop and sign in to your Apple ID and select Account > at the top of the iTunes window select View My Account.
- Enter Your Apple ID and Passcode.
- Select Change Country or Region on the right of Country/Region.
- Just choose your new country or region and Click Change.
- Enter new payment information and billing address and click save.
Remember: you may need to enter your valid payment method. You may not able to select none option. And when you change your billing address, it will update your country or region for all of the Apple services with which you use the same Apple ID.
Update Settings in Web Browser
- Go to AppleID.
- Enter Your Apple ID and Passcode.
- Tap Account > Edit
- Enter your new country or region.
- Add your new payment information.
- Enter new payment information and billing address and click Save.
Check Any Restrictions
You need to check if there is any restrictions associated with your iTunes account on your iPhone. For this follow these steps.
- Go to Settings.
- Select Screen Time.
- Tap Content & Privacy Restrictions.
- For older iOS, go to General > Restrictions
Sign Out and In of Apple ID to Fix Account Not in this Store Error
Try to Sign Out and In of Apple ID on your iPhone or iPad to fix account not in this store error. Sometimes there is an internal error and you may need to Sign Out and In. For this follow these steps below:
- Go to Settings > Apple ID Profile > iTunes & App Stores
- Scroll down and Tap Sign Out.
- You may need to enter your password and store a local backup of files.
- Enter your Apple ID and password to sign back in
- After this Try to Download Apps.
What to do before you change your country or region
- You need to spend any store credit remaining on your Apple ID.
- You also need to cancel any subscriptions, including Apple Music and wait until the end of the subscription.
- Wait for any memberships, pre-orders, movie rentals, or Season Passes to complete, and wait for any pending store credit refunds to process.
- Make sure that you have a payment method for your new country or region.
- Also try to Redownload your apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books.
Also some other possible solutions
- Are you connected to the Internet (test using Safari and visit http://www.apple.com)
- Do you have enough space on the iPhone?
- Check for updates.
Try contacting Apple Care
At the end of every article, I recommend my users to contact Apple Care.