Many iOS and Windows users reported that they are receiving an error message saying “A device attached to the system is not functioning”. Most users experience this when they are trying to transfer their photos and videos to Windows via USB. The error message occurs mainly due to your computer not properly communicating with your iOS device. This could be because of many reasons, such as:
- The iPhone or iPad is not connected to the computer properly.
- The computer’s USB port or USB cable may not be working.
- Photos and videos are not incompatible formats.
The error message occurs when connection simply breaks off after a few pictures, the upload does not run stably or the connected device – in this case the iPhone – “no longer responds”. The problem is not on your computer but is with your iPhone’s picture format compatibility. The article explains why this crash occurs and what you can do to fix this problem.
Reason for Error Message “A Device Attached to The System is Not Functioning” on your Windows 10?
By default, iOS converts the photos and images to a standard format when transferred. Apple has replaced JPG with its own format (HEIC). This is exactly why the problems occur because iOS tries to convert the formats during transfer and error messages occur again and again which is annoying.
How can you fix this problem on your iPhone?
Here are some steps to fix error message “A device attached to the system is not functioning”.
- Try to reconnect your iPhone or iPad to your computer with a different USB port and USB cable. Also switch between USB 2.0 to USB 3.0.
- Restart your computer and your iOS device.
- To make your photos compatible with Windows go to your iOS device, go to Settings > Photos and scroll down, find the “transfer to Mac or pc” section. And then tap “Keep Originals”.
- Update iTunes to the latest version on your PC. Click here for Mac users and click here for Windows users.
I hope your problem is solved. Your feedback is important to us. Contact Us.